Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Affordable wedding dress <$300

I purchased my wedding dress for $250.00 shipped off of Ebay. The dress looks exactly like Maggie Sottero's "Dion". The best part of this dress is that because I am very petite, I was able to provide my measurements and the seller would make the dress according to my measurements. I did not lose any beading to the dress because it was created just for my size. This dress was shipped directly from Shanghai where there are many fantastic tailors.

Paying less did not have to mean that I had to sacrifice quality with this dress. It was made of very thick satin and I loved the beadwork on the gown. You can customize the dress, such as requesting the dress to not have beadwork or asking the seller to make the dress without a train.

You can choose any color that you want and may even get the dress in red. Red dresses seem to be the growing trend this year. Colored dresses are so much fun because of the different shoes you can find. Our choices are very limited when you need to look for white shoes to match with a white gown.














A tip from me about buying from this Ebay seller, Cinderella'sbridalshop is to buy a breathable wedding gown garment bag before you receive the dress. This seller does not provide a garment bag for your dress. They place it in a clear plastic dry cleaner's type of bag and amazingly folds it to fit in a DHL bag without cramming it into the bag. There are very few creases and I hung the dress right away when I received the dress and the wrinkles straightened out.

If you have a very low budget, this is a great option. I did not believe I would be able to buy a wedding dress for this price and saving me hundreds in alteration costs. If you want a Cinderella type of gown at a low price, this is the way to go. They have a really beautiful one that is similar to the Maggie Sottero Capri gown. I am fascinated with the red one they have listed on Ebay.


No comments: